Monday, September 23, 2013

I love being a missionary . . .


D*** was baptized yesterday!  It was so wonderful and so spiritual.  He is not a very out spoken person but for some reason today he was just so happy and loving.  When he came out of the water, he gave me the biggest hug and just kept saying thank you thank you.  I was so grateful to be apart of all of it.  At the end of it all he got up to bear his testimony and he said that he was so grateful to be apart of this big family with such loving people and he was excited to be called Brother D*** now.  He thanked me for giving him the truth and I just started crying.  I know, I know...I just couldn't handle it!  It was wonderful.
  
On top of all of that spiritualness, they also had the primary program yesterday.  I couldn't handle that either because not too long before I left, our ward in America had one as well!  Cried during that as well.  It was just the cutest thing to hear in German as well.

This week was great because we also got to see everyone from the 3 zones in our area.  It was good to see old companions and friends.

I got up during testimony meeting during zone conference and I gave testimony about giving testimony.  It was super spiritual and I told everyone that people are going to critizice us, our church and our God.  They have their own free agency and so do I when I respond.  One man said fiercly as we were on the street that there is no God because of all of the children that are killed, he then went on to say that we are terrible for what we do.  I didn't say anything after that and just walked away.  Two minutes later I had a fire burn inside me, exclaming to me that whenever that happens again, bear strong, powerful testimony.  I promised my self then and there that whenever that happened again, I will shake the ground that this man stands on.  I will tell him what I know and put fear into his eyes with the power of the all mighty God.

I love being a missionary :D

Elder Hays





No comments:

Post a Comment