Monday, April 15, 2013

"Where you invest your love, you invest your life."


Hallo wieder,

Well...This week was swell.

So Schwester Ro**** is still on a baptismal date for May 6 and we now have another!  Herr Ap****  will get baptized on May 18!  He is an investigator who we lost contact with for a long time and now wants to get baptized!  Such a miracle.

The other day, I was listening to a song, written by Mumford and Sons.  It's called Awake My Soul. It has a line in it that says, "In these bodies we will live, in these bodies we will die.  Where you invest your love, you invest your life...awake my soul."  It got me thinking.  That's totally right.  So I'll ask you the question.  Where do you invest your love?  Well where is it supposed to be?  The Savior said:  "Even as the aSon of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to bgive his life a cransom for many." (Matt. 20:28)  

Turn our love to others as we go thoughout this life.  Minsister to others.  Show them the Light of Christ.  Where you invest your love, you invest your life.  This week we have had a lot of bad experiences.  Lots of people that had no respect for anyone or anything and all we can do for them is mourn.  As Alma did in chapter 32, he mourned for the Zoramites because of their wickedness.  He didn't walk past them like they were lost.  He prayed and asked for strength and the way to go.  Invest your love into the children of God.  Invest your life. 
This week has been tough but the miracles have pulled me through!  I really see the Hand of God and the comfort of His Spirit in my life as I invest my love in the people of Germany.  I have never felt this way before.  Enough to mourn and cry for these people.  I know that the Lord is "on our right and left".

I'm starting a Health Course here.  We are hoping it will bring an intrest because Germans, believe it or not, are really into health.  I have put plans together, talked to a Doctor here and have a course planned out.  Now it's whether I stay in Groitzsch or go.  So I'm going to wait until next transfer to put it into place.  I'm hoping that it will help people get to know the missionaries and we are also teaching a 20 min lesson with each class about the gospel.
Well I love you guys and pray for you day after day.  I hope you are all well.

Love, Elder Hays

PS. It snowed earlier this week but today it was 25°C!  Got my farmers tan started up and I got sun burned today!  



No comments:

Post a Comment