Monday, April 22, 2013

Growth occurs outside of your comfort zone . . . .


Well hi...
So I'll start off by saying I played the guitar and the piano in a recital, held by one of our members.  I know, it's awesome.  That was a lot of fun but they were all just old ladies and then us two missionaries hahaha it was like a book club.  All the gossip, totally got into it though...That was on Sunday. 
We found out about Boston...That's terrible.  I really about started crying ha...I can't believe what's going on in the world.  In our area there were a dead couple found like a mile from us and a few dead children a week later or so.  It's all so crazy...
I now have a member in our ward who has a crush on me...it's really creepy and I kinda hope I get transfered.  We eat over there all the time and I'm Elder Kleiner to her...(the small one).  Yeah not sure what to do about that...
We still have our two investigators on date but Schw. Ro**** has been really busy because her daughter just had a baby and she is the babysitter of her other kids.  She hasn't been to church because of that and you have to be pretty constant before baptism so she might have to wait a couple of weeks but other than that everything is good!  Just working hard.  

I get to see you guys in less than a month!  We are skyping on mother's day!  Pumped for that haha.  

Elder Guccione is awesome!  We get along.  He is good at motivation giving which is good. 
I really thought this week about something that I learned in the Fitness Industry.  "Growth occurs outside of your comfort zone."  I really took that to heart and you can really apply it to anyone or any situation!  For missionaries, it's talking to that one person who you normally would be afraid to.  Every body builder knows that real growth really occurs when you change up your routine.  Go a little longer.  Do something faster.  Change anything out of your routine.  You learn something about yourself...something obviously wasn't there before that you can now use to become even better.  Get out of your comfort zone and do something random for someone else.  Do something you normally wouldn't do.  The Lord tells us not to be idle.  How do we grow?  Don't be comfortable. 
I hope you are all doing well and can't wait to hear back :)  I love you.
Love Brandon

No comments:

Post a Comment