Tuesday, January 22, 2013

January 22, 2013


Heylo,  Elder Hays here.  In the Laundry room yet again.  At like 5:20 in the morning.  :D  How are all of you??  These last few weeks have really flown by and we have now hit our 2/3 mark.  We leave 3 weeks from today to Germany!!  Ahh I couldn't be more excited. 
I'm a changed person.  I don't even know who I am right now.  My whole life right now revolves around the gospel and I don't ever want it to change.  I feel so much love from my savior everyday, every hour.  The spirit is just so strong all the time.  I know what I want in life right now.  It's so very clear to me what I want to do and who I want to be.  I've made so many mistakes that I still dwell on every once in a while, but I know that through the love and sacrifice of our Savior, they are forgotten in His mind.  I don't think that people really realize the amount of sacrifice that He went through.  The love that He had for each of us has been explained as so He would go through the whole atonement just for my sake and that is truly an amazing thing that instantly brings tears to my eyes.  I can't wait to thank Him and hug Him.  When we get to heaven, who is on or right hand?  It says in D&C 84:88 that He will be on our right and our left and His angels round bout us to bear us up.  I get emotion here at the computer thinking about it.  I'd better not start crying or people will think I'm crazy but dwell on that for a minute. 
We have an investigator named Michael.  He is an older man, about 50 with a wife and son.  He has been a great blessing to my life and has helped me learn so much.  He has been asking us the question "why do I need this in my life?  I'm fairly happy."  I fasted for an answer and got that it's because as of right now there is no way that you can live with God, you must be baptized because no unclean thing can dwell in the presence of Got.  Obviously in a less bold way.  I hope that this works because he has excepted everything else. 
This week I get to be the traffic cordinator for the new missionaries!!  I'm excited.  I get to direct and see 600 missionaries come in.  Sweet right?  By summer there is supposed to be 8,000 missionaries here.  Holy Crap.  It already takes 30 min to get my lunch and we only have 2400 here right now and we get 600 more tomorrow??  Come on...It's amazing though.  The Lord is really hastening His work on the earth.  In Luke 12:36-37, 40, it talks about being prepared for the Second Coming.  Are we prepared to see God and His Son Jesus Christ today?  I know that I have some stuff I want to work on.
What's the purpose of this life?  On Earth.  Well, not to live, that's for sure.  We are here to learn to become like our Heavenly Father.  Earth is nothing really.  Just a small point on the span of Eternal Life.
Now think of what that small point is and then think of what eternal life is.  Do you want to spend THAT much time in the Terrestrial Kingdom?  I think not!!  I can't wait for the day that I can see God and I hope that I have the smarts to become clean through Jesus Christ's great atoning sacrifice throughout my life.  --Be prepared daily.
Well I love you.  I'm doing good!!  Just sucking all this stuff up like a sponge.  I'd better get off but I was wondering if you could send me my talk I gave in church?? That be great to read and thank you for the Quest bars!!  Ahh they are amazing.

I love you all and am very happy in what I'm doing here :D
Immer mit Liebe!!
Elder Hays

No comments:

Post a Comment