Tuesday, January 8, 2013

January 8, 2013 MTC FLU

Hey Dad,
I'm doing pretty well this week actually.  The sickness for the most part has been contained but it was very crazy there for a while.  I luckily didn't get sick all but a bad cold but all of my district got sick so we were quarantined for a couple of days.  They didn't tell us what to do or anything which was a little stressful but we just went by our gut (my gut was the only one working so we went by mine haha).  I was really dissapointed how they handled the situation but everything is turning out alright.  I gave everyone blessings and they all got better and we are all in class again.  I missed you all over the holidays.  You were on my mind constantly.  Elder Gheen and I are teaching 4 people.  They are great and seem to be accepting the Gospel well! I hope they keep progressing the way they do.  Our lessons are getting better and better with the more German we know.  The language is coming great actually.  We learn more and more everyday!! The biggest challenge that I have been having has been my emotions.  They are all over the place all of the time and I don't know what to do.  They seem to be getting a  little better though which is good.  I will write Erika this week and I hope she is doing better.  That seems like a great experience and I just want to say what a great Father you are for recognizing and taking her to do that.  It's a great example to me.  Ahh I miss Trevor's games.  I hope he is doing well and I'm sure he is dominating.  Yeah I think my leatherman would be great to have.  Thank you.  I will email the whole family with my weekly email later today so keep an eye out for it.  I love you dad and I hope you are doing well.  I miss you so so much and I can see in my everyday actions that most of my decisions are ones that I could see you making and came from your teachings throughout my life.  I love you and will talk to you soon!!

immer mit Leibe,
Elder Hays





Hallo Familie!!
 
Ohhhh hey, well I was the only one in my district that didn't get sick!! Sweet right?  I guess healthy eating did me some good after all??  I hope so.  Well I gave a few blessings and my whole district is HEALED (ahhhhh!)  Everyone is better now which is great because I was the only one in class :(
 
Well today I get to go to the temple with my district at 3:15 (wink wink) just kidding but I'm so very excited! I feel like it's been forever since i've gone to the temple and it will be amazing to go through with my district.  How are all of you???  I miss you all so very much and hope you are all well.  I'm doing better!!  Those Vitamin D pills seemed to have worked magic!!  So thank you mother.  It's freaking cold here...meine gute...any luck with the coat?  These buttons are starting to come off already on this other coat, the inner lining.  Thank you for helping me out.  I just want to get everything set while I'm here...Any ways I'm exactly the same weight as when I came in still!  I actually think that I have lost some weight but anyways that is pretty good i think...Hey mom, could you post your email address on my facebook page and tell everyone to email you whoever wants to recieve my emails??  danke süren. 
 
Well this week has been great actually.  Elder Gheen and I have 4 investigators and they are progressing great!! Michael and Jenz are both on their way to baptism!!  We are so excited for them.  We finally got Michael to believe in what we are telling him.  It's crazy how you prepare a lesson about one thing but the spirit tells you to go a whole other direction after you have started.  I'm so grateful for the spirit that the Lord has allowed me to experience with my investigators and with Elder Gheen.  I LOVE it. 
 
I'm reading das Buch Mormon auf Deutsch and am doing very well!! I can understand about 80% of the words in it so I have to revert back to the english BOM for reference but overall it is going well!!  I'm also reading the New Testement which is going great.  I'm about done with Mark and am loving the stories and the love that the Savior truly has for all of His children.  I think that Mathew is my new favorite book.  Or maybe Enos.  I dunno they are all amazing and I have never really realized it until I came on my mission.  I really don't even want to pick up and teach out anything else because the scriptures explain everything about God's ways and the example of Jesus Christ. 
 
Here at the MTC we are asked to memorize a bunch of different phrases such as the invitation for baptism, the first vision, and our purpose.  I have them all memorized allready in German!!  I finally got them down yesterday and I'm very excited. 
 
We had a workshop this week about baptism.  I want to testify that without baptism, we cannot enter into the kingdom of God.  Baptism is the first promise that we make with God and we covenant 3 things that we should always remember.  Take His name, allways remember Him, and to keep his commandments.  How easy is that??!! POOF!! SALVATION!!  Awesome right.  We just have to follow Jesus' example the best we can and repent when we slip on a rock that you didn't see coming and hurt your toe.  ahh man I'm rambling now.   Es tut mir leid. 
 
The German is great.  I have hit the point now where there is no turning back and I'm like a spounge!! Soaking it all up.  Our district is doing amazing with the language.  We help eachother with it all the time and speak it whenever possible.  We have like 5 huge textbooks that we are supposed to learn and it's a little overwhelming but I feel that we are starting to get set into a good steady gait. 
 
I really don't need anything but the coat.  I think everything else is perfect.  Thank you mom for preparing me and giving me those documents on my ancestors!!  I read them a couple days ago while feeling really down with everyone sick and it brought me such comfort!!  Hold tight to your patriaricle ( I prob spelled that wrong) blessing because it is your guide to happiness and eternal life.  I read mine a couple days ago and ah man.  The work has become so much easier knowing what I have in stored for me!!  I'm so grateful that the Lord has given me this knowledge of what I can become in life!!
 
The sister missionaries that sister White met are acutally sitting right behind me!! They have amazing spirits and help the elders out so so much with their testimonies.  There are so many people here!!!  I can't believe it.  If the work of the Lord wasn't at had before it surely is now!!  I'm sure all of these beautiful daughters of God have amazing testimonies.  Just can't wait to take one to the temple one day!  ahh yeah...anyways Heavenly Father loves you!! It says so and I can prove it with the scriptures but they aren't here by the computer with me so I will prove it another day.  I know it though.  I know that ANY answer you need can be found in the Book of Mormon!! It's true!!  We were challenged to buy a paper back copy of the Book of Mormon fresh and have a question in mind and only highlight answers to that question.  You will not only get an answer but you will get it over and over and over after each and ever prophet of God. 
 
Well my time is up but I love you all and thank you for all of your support!! Off to the temple!!
 
PEACE,
immer mit Liebe,
und Freude,
FREIDEN!!
Elder Hays
 
Yeah buddy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment