Monday, September 15, 2014

Elder Bednar - An Apostle

Ahh man...This week has been nuts!  Monday we went to a really cool museum about Poland during WWII and that was a huge eye opener.  

Tuesday was transfer day.  We headed to the station, I got to say goodbye to a lot of great people and then headed off to Rostock.  When I got there, I got picked up by Tobias, our Ward Mission Leader who is AWESOME.  I've never seen anything like it.  He took us to our apartment and we dropped our stuff off and then we went to an appointment with him.  Just an older sister that needed a blessing.  A great start to the week :)  After that he took us to the church to show us around a little bit.  

Wednesday-Thursday was planning and working.

Friday we went to a member's house and were able to serve them in their garten.  After that we were assigned to take the train to Neubrandenburg and stay the night there in order to get to the meeting for Elder Bednar on time the next day.  We get there and stay with the Elders there.  We get up at 3:45am, get ready and leave at 5am to get to Berlin at 7am.  We arrive at Berlin and I see Elder Young (who I trained in Dresden) I leap out of the car and we have a great talk.  It was awesome to see him again.  He is now Zone Leader in Chemnitz.  After that we all pile into the chapel.  All 280 from us serving in the mission.  We were trying to kill time, so President asked if somebody could lead us in stretching to wake us all up.  He ponders on who he will call to lead then he yells out my name...oh joy...so I go up to help everyone wake up.  I then proceded to lead our mission and stake authorities in 'head-shoulders-knees and toes'.  Mom...I know...What was I supposed to do?!  Everyone got a kick out of it.  Elder Bean and I had the BEST seats.  4 rows back and right in front of Elder Bednar.  I will not attempt to explain what happened in the meeting because the best news reporter in the world could not have written an appropriate enough word for describing that Divine experience.  


That meeting literally ripped my soul apart and put it back together better than it was. I feel strength! I really do! I feel the desire and the burning more powerfully. When Elder Bednar gave his testimony, I couldn't even look at him. He was radiating as he spoke and I shook. My eyes where freaking out and produced some water haha. Just picture a jet on a runway about to take off. Elder Hays standing directly behind the jet engine and then the pilot turns on the jet's engines and you get a picture of Elder Hays. Just let that picture sink in.  

Sunday we went to church like good Christians do.  We had about 7 people or less from the ward there so it was a party :)  After that we found a few new investigators and came home.  

Good week :)  

I love you!
Elder Hays
(Totally going to the beach today...be jealous)










No comments:

Post a Comment