Monday, August 25, 2014

Meine liebe Familie....

Well well...We meet again computer. 

I am finally getting over my sickness :)  Highlight.
Another Highlight!  I got to baptize M**** on Saturday!  I will send pictures the next time that I am at the church but it was so cool!  He is great.  We should be having another baptism this weekend so we will see how that goes.  This ward is really growing well!  Since May we have had 4 baptisms...I think...maybe one more.  It is great. 

Elder Christensen and I are doing fantastic together.  Definitely one of my favorite comps on the mission.  (haha he's said that a million times)  He brings out the nerd in me :)  We have been having a lot of success and fun together so far.  

We have been working with two in-active members here in the ward who should be coming regularly to church now so that should be exciting!  We will see what happens. 
Do you know what I love?  Passing the sacrament.  I got asked to pass the sacrament yesterday and I have done it a couple of times in this ward but it was so much fun yesterday!  I had a big smile on my face :)

Elder Bednar is coming soon.  I am really excited.  He gave us a couple of talks to read that he gave before he comes so that we can get into a certain midset I presume.  I fancy a quote that he gave in one of them which I can't quote exactly but from memory...He said that a lot of times, we members pray for missionaries, that they may have the opportunity to find somebody to find, that the Lord will put people in their paths...The more effective prayer would be that of asking for opportunities for YOU to find somebody.  We are the full-time finders and the missionaries are the full-time teachers.  Your prayers will receive more answers as you pray for something that YOU can change and act upon. 

I really liked that quote.  A lot of members around the world know that and understand that and live it but the most don't.  We missionaries can tell within 30 seconds of talking with a random member, if they are a missionary or not.  'Every member a missionary!' 

I was thinking the other day...(I tend to do that a lot)...about the scripture, Moses 1:39.  BEHOLD; THIS IS MY WORK AND MY GLORY, TO BRING TO PASS THE IMMORTALITY AND ETERNAL LIFE OF MAN....That is GOD'S goal!  That is the church's goal!  That probably should be our goal!  Member or Missionary.  The members who come to church are not perfect and still struggle but they are 'built of the rock of their Savior'.  When someone walks in the church for the first time, if we have the same goal as God, and feel like we are pretty set up for eternal life with an eternal family and a strong stance in the church, THEN WE NEED TO MAKE THIS NEW PERSON FEEL LIKE A THOUSAND DOLLARS AND talk to him, sit next to him, invite him over for dinner in the week, show him love, show him testimony, help him understand.  Obviously not scare the poor kid but be there for him and make him a priority.  I guess the point I want to come to is that, we, in the church are stable, we have salvation in front of us, those people outside have nothing and some people don't want anything, but when you. see. a. person. with. a. sliver. of. hope. faith. desire. ANYTHING....you'd better be there to give him a door.  If we see that and do nothing, we are denying the opportunity to help God reach his goal and we will pay for that when we stand before Him. 
I don't want to get to Heaven and have someone come up to me and say, 'You knew?  You knew that whole time and didn't tell me?  I know I was a little prideful but I needed that...and now I have to miss out.'

Please ponder this scripture.  Moses 1:39.  Become one with God in goals.

I love you :)
Elder Hays

No comments:

Post a Comment