Monday, June 9, 2014

The work is going good

The work is going good.  N*** got the gift of the Holy Ghost on sunday and I also gave a talk on the Restoration and talked for too long of course.  I just stood up and talked and bore testimony of the Restoration and shed a few tears.  IT REALLY IS SO COOL.  THE CHURCH IS JUST TRUE.  Elder Lloyd and I just watch these videos about the church and Joseph and we just look at each other and say, 'the church is just TRUE.'  We can't prove it wrong if we wanted to.  I love it.  I invite you to ponder the blessings of the Restoration.  What do we have now that they don't have? 

I just read this chapter in the Book of Mormon.  Alma chapter 5.  For right now it is my favorite chapter but I am still reading and learning so my favorite changes but for today it is my favorite.  It just lays it all on the table and I love that he does it in the form of questions!  It allows you to ponder and think about what you need to do to prepare to meet God.  I know that a lot of people won't actually read so I will put it here.  
(Jacob 1:19)

14 And now behold, I ask of you, my brethren of the church, have ye spiritually‍ been born of God? Have ye received his image in your countenances? Have ye experienced this mighty change‍ in your hearts? 15 Do ye exercise faith in the redemption of him who created‍ you? Do you look forward with an eye of faith, and view this mortal body raised in immortality, and this corruption raised‍ in incorruption, to stand before God to be judged‍ according to the deeds which have been done in the mortal body?
16 I say unto you, can you imagine to yourselves that ye hear the voice of the Lord, saying unto you, in that day: Come unto me ye blessed, for behold, your works have been the works of righteousness upon the face of the earth?
17 Or do ye imagine‍ to yourselves that ye can lie unto the Lord in that day, and say—Lord, our works have been righteous works upon the face of the earth—and that he will save you?
18 Or otherwise, can ye imagine yourselves brought before the tribunal of God with your souls filled with guilt and remorse, having a remembrance of all your guilt, yea, a perfect remembrance‍ of all your wickedness, yea, a remembrance that ye have set at defiance the commandments of God?
19 I say unto you, can ye look up to God at that day with a pure heart and clean hands? I say unto you, can you look up, having the image‍ of God engraven upon your countenances?
20 I say unto you, can ye think of being saved when you have yielded yourselves to become subjects‍ to the devil?
21 I say unto you, ye will know at that day that ye cannot be saved; for there can no man be saved except his garments‍ are washed white; yea, his garments must be purified‍ until they are cleansed from all stain, through the blood of him of whom it has been spoken by our fathers, who should come to redeem his people from their sins.
22 And now I ask of you, my brethren, how will any of you feel, if ye shall stand before the bar of God, having your garments stained with blood‍ and all manner of filthiness? Behold, what will these things testify against you?
23 Behold will they not testify‍ that ye are murderers, yea, and also that ye are guilty‍ of all manner of wickedness?
24 Behold, my brethren, do ye suppose that such an one can have a place to sit down in the kingdom of God, with Abraham, with Isaac, and with Jacob, and also all the holy prophets, whose garments are cleansed and are spotless, pure and white?
25 I say unto you, Nay; except ye make our Creator a liar from the beginning, or suppose that he is a liar from the beginning, ye cannot suppose that such can have place in the kingdom of heaven; but they shall be cast out for they are the children‍ of the kingdom of the devil.
26 And now behold, I say unto you, my brethren, if ye have experienced a change‍ of heart, and if ye have felt to sing the song‍ of redeeming love, I would ask, can‍ ye feel so now?

I give testimony that this is all true.  It is the word of God and it pierces the heart.

Oh yeah...President Dyches came to visit us from the Seventy and I talked to him a lot about my future!  For some reason I always get the time to talk with the Seventy's when they visit.  He told me that I should go to BYU for the rest of my undergraduate work and I have been praying about it for a while now and so if I can get in I will go to BYU.

I love you
Elder Hays

















No comments:

Post a Comment