Monday, June 16, 2014

Sending love

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I can't believe you are turning 24....It is really a curse you have, you know, looking as young as you do.  I have a picture that Melissa took of us right before the mission and it is the first picture in the book that I show members and the first thing they say, 'You have a pretty girlfriend!'  Me: 'That's my mom.'  Them: 'WHAT?!'  Me: 'I know right.'      You see mom?  You are getting compliments at every eating appointment I have. 

This week was good!  We visited a couple of district meetings and also went on exchange with the Dahlem Elders.  Elder Lloyd has a bunch of friends from the Air Force who came and visited Berlin and we all went out to dinner and got a pizza, which was a METER in diameter.  Safe to say we destroyed that thing.  It was a lot of fun to get to know them.  We invited them to church and one of them came!  They aren't members of the church but they are great people.  One young lady came to church and enjoyed it. 

What else...
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!!
I hope you are taking naps dad...taking rests everyonce in a while is good to :)  Okay, I'm sorry!  Thank you for all that you do and the many times you have helped me in life.  I wouldn't be where I am today, if you weren't the uncomparably great example that you arrayed for me.  Although we had times of hardships, your love broke those walls.  No matter what happened to me in life, I always knew that my father loved me and that meant and means more to me than you know.  I notice everyday how I mirror you, even though we are seperated by thousands of kilometers.  You showed me everything I know.  For that I am eternally grateful because without that, I wouldn't be here.  You have helped me to this point without force but with compassion and love.  I work hard to make you proud.  I love you dad and am grateful for your teachings. 
I love you all!
Elder Hays

No comments:

Post a Comment