Monday, October 7, 2013

My Heart is Full ---- Pictures at the end:)

Oh I miss you guys!  How goes you people.  I miss yer.  You are my bestest perple.  English is just terrible...Wir sprechen nur Deutsch!  Deutsch klingt einfach so schön!  Man weint wann ein echter Deutscher spricht.  Bischof Juchau kann daß bestätigen.  
I won't write the whole thing in German but I love it!  But I still won't.

Are missionaries allowed to get high from this work?  I'm feeling just the love of it cloud my body!  It is very important for a missionary to be obedient and to be "a missionary", sometimes you just need to love the members and people there.  They are real people who you need to love and not to just open your mouth at.  I have really learned to love the people here and I believe that  will make my whole mission.  The love that I have for these people comes from Christ and it is the love that He has for them.  It is so cool and I can't be grateful enough to feel it go through me everyday.  Every time that I have been given the opportunity to exercise my priesthood power, I feel the love that the Savior has for these people that He is trying to communicate with.  This feeling even brings me, yes, even Elder Hays to tears. 

This General Conference was amazing.  I can't tell you about it because of how amazing it was and I just have a ton of ideas and goals that I need to organize in my head first so I will tell you about it next week:)  I can share my favorite quotes though!
-A house is held together by the unity of the father and the mother.
-After joining the church, we are not only promised peace in this world, but Eternal Life in the next world.  (work + commitment = peace + endurance = Eternal Life)
-Destiny is not determined on how many times we stumble, but how many times we GET BACK UP. This is the enabling power of the Atonement.  
-Let loose of your PRIDE and live in UNITY.
It was all just so awesome...

This week Elder Young and I chose a scripture to base our week on.  It was Ether 12:19 And there were many whose faith was so exceedingly strong, even abefore Christ came, who could not be kept from within the bveil, but truly saw with their eyes the things which they had beheld with an EYE OF FAITH, and they were glad.

To me, an eye of faith means to see the heavens and the earth as one place.  To really KNOW that angels are working by our sides, God Himself is working here for the bringing to pass of His work of Eternal Life.  An eye of faith means to believe that we are in DIRECT connection with the Hand of God.  He touches us every day.

I have a letter that I want to share with you.  This shown to me by my good Elder Thomas Young.

"My Precious Friend!
I just wanted to let you know how much I love and care about you and how I greatly desire to become a meaningful part in your life.  This morning when you awoke, I was already there with you in the light of My beatiful sunshine that filled your room. I was hoping that your would say, "Good morning" to Me; you didn't.  So, I thought maybe it was just a little too early in the day for you to notice me.  
Again I tried to get your attentino when you stepped out of your door.  I kessed your face with a soft gentle breeze.  I breathed upon you my fragrant sweet breath scented flowers.  Then I sung you a love song through the birds in the trees.  You just walked right passed Me.  
Later on in the day, I watched over you as you were talking with some friends.  How I wished that you would talk to me also.  I waited and waited, but you just went a log your day.  This afternoon, I sent you a refreshing shower and glistened to you from each raindrop.  I even shouted to you a time or two with thunder trying to get your attention.  Then, I painted you a lovely rainbow in the midst of my fluffy white clouds.  I just know you would see me then, but you were unaware of my presence.  This evening to close your day, I sent you a beautiful sunset.  After that, I hoped that you would see Me and wink back.  You never did.
Tonight, when you went to bed, I spilled moon light upon your face to let you know I was there with you.  I was hoping that you would talk to Me a little while before you went to sleep.  You never said a word.  It hurts me deeply; however, I contiunued to watch over you all through the night, thinking that, maybe, just maybe, you would say hello to me in the morning. 
Each and everyday, I have revealed Myself to you in many strange and wonderous ways hoping that you would accept Me as your Shepherd.  For, I am the only One that can supply you with all of your needs.  My love for you is deeper than the deepest ocean and bigger than the great blue sky.  I have so much to give to you and also to share with you.  Please let Me hear from you soon. 
Love, Your Loving Friend forever, Jesus Christ"

Isn't that just a heart wrencher?  Yes...yes it is...


I was thinking about Travis Ashton.  I was thinking about how great of an example to me he was.  How loving and excited he was and the great charity he had, just as our Savior has.  Please let him know that I think of him and his example often.  That he has impacted my life in a very positive way and teaches me to become a better person overall.  Tell him I love him and that Germany says hello :)  

Brandon & Travis  ---Feb 2008
Side note . . . . you can read about Travis and his journey Here

I hope that you are well and know that I am.  I don't know if you will be able to bring me back home from here.  Now...that was not supposed to be funny:)

Love, your dearest most loving older son, who is full of the attributes of an average man, striving to become the Man of God he was sent to become, 

Elder Brandon Hays














Elder Hays and Elder Guiccone (Brandon's Trainer) w/Elder Fuller in the back:)




No comments:

Post a Comment