Monday, May 26, 2014

hahahaha

It was so funny.  The other day I went on exchanges with a missionary serving in Brandenburg who is about to go home.  We both came to my area to work here in Neukölln, we get out of the underground train and the first words that come out of his mouth were, 'Are we still in Germany?'  It was so great...I love my area but we are not in Germany haha.
 
So N**** will be baptized on Sunday!  We are really excited for him to make this step and I am grateful that Elder Lloyd and I were able to help him get there.  There were many missionaries who have played a part in his conversion and that is amazing to see where he now is. 
 
We are meeting this week as zone leaders with President Dykes from the 70 Presidency.  It will be interesting to report on our zone's progress and weaknesses.  I am really excited to see exactly what we need to improve from his point of view. 
 
This last week has been full of meetings and visiting other district meetings, exchanges with other missionaries and of course work :)  We had more success this week than last week which is always an energy booster but I have never been more tired in my life.  I feel like we are on the phone a ton and have little time to focus on our own area.  It is okay because I know the position and what I am expected to do so I will give my all and do more that what is expected of me.  President Kosak talked about that and I really liked it.  Just going beyond what you are expected to do and to blaze a path of example to others. 
 
We are reading the Book of Mormon together as a mission right now and plan on being finished by the end of August.  Wanna do it with us?  I have now read the Book of Mormon 3 times on my mission from beginning to end and have come to the conclusion that it is STILL true.  I can't wait for my next conformation.  I love studying the bible as well.  It is full of information that many don't see but the more you read it and the more you pray for inspiration, the more you will understand and pull out.  Joseph Smith said that the book of Revelations was one of the most plain and simple books or something and I don't know if I can understand it like that yet but it is getting easier! 
 
I am loving my mission.  Going hard but doing it smart.  Pure joy :)
 
I sent some pictures of places we have visited and other random things and thank you for sending the information mom!  It's perfect. 
 
I hope you are all doing well and know that I am :) 
 
Love, Elder Hays





Check Point Charlie





No comments:

Post a Comment