Monday, May 5, 2014

Baptism and a transfer

My time here in Pinneberg is over.  I have been TRANSFERED.  I didn't tell anybody about it until they announced it in Sacrament Meeting and the whole ward gasped.  I got super super close to the people here and I will send some pictures along with this email.  I felt apart of the family here and got a lot of hugs yesterday.  We are still visiting a couple of other people today who I wanted to see before I leave and then it is off to my new area!  It's crazy.  

I gave my testimony in sacrament meeting about the Prophet Joseph Smith.  Everytime that I study about this great man of God and the divinity of his mission, I cry like a little baby.  Before church on Sunday I watched the Joseph Smith movie and just bawled throughout.  I love the Prophet and am grateful for his dedication to his Savior.  

Well I was transfered to Berlin.  The area of Neukölln.  I will be the Zone Leader there in Berlin and am super excited.  I had a really hard day yesterday because of a bunch of things that I found out and things that people had shared with me but I am looking to the future and am excited.  

R****** got baptized yesterday :)  It was a great experience for us all.  Elder Liddiard baptized her and I got to just enjoy the whole thing.  She was so prepared and was very careful to identify her feelings.  She felt the Holy Ghost from day one, quit smoking after 40 years of it and made this wonderful covenant with her Heavenly Father.  I am happy that I was able to see her do it.  

I cut my own hair last week so today Sister Turner is coming to 'fix' it. haha  I thought I was really good at it but I guess I got a little lazy with the trimmers.  

ALLES GUTE ZUM GEBURTSTAG ERIKA!!!!!!

The big 18 now.  Crazy.  I swear you were 4 yesterday.  

I am doing well and enjoying my mission:)  I think that's it, not just working hard and going all out and doing what your supposed to but enjoying it.  Looking at the small things, taking life step for step.  Climbing a tree in your suit because it makes you giggle.  Oh missionaries.  

I love you all!  I think the best time to skype would be at 8 o'clock your time or so.  So you can get to church and stuff.  I hope that is okay.  You will have to send me your skype name again so I can find you and call you.  

Can't wait to see you all!  This will be the last skype session before I see you for REALS!  

Elder Liddiard:)

Saying Goodbye to great people in Pinneberg



Coordinating outfits with Sister Rassmussen

Love, Elder Hays

No comments:

Post a Comment