Monday, February 25, 2013

The Field is White . . .

Das freud mich sehr!!  Wie geht es ihnen??

So, this week went by pretty fast.  On Monday we had quite a few appointments if I remember right.  Our two progressing investigators are Schwester R----- and Schwester H------.  We haven't been able to meet with Schwester H------ this week because her kids and her are both sick but she is on a baptismal date for March 16!!  Awesome right!!  Schwester R------ is progressing also, she has been coming to church and is on a baptismal date for the late spring but we want to get it moved up to an earlier date.  She has been working with the missionaries for a long long time and we finally had a break through.  Elder Guccione and I shared the story of Jesus appearing the American people in 3rd Nephi.  It was super spiritual and the plan went well.  Another investigator is Peter.  He is interesting.  His mom died a couple of months ago and it has been really hard for him to let that go.  He believes everything that we have taught him is true and that he needs to follow it but he is just so down and everything that he can't give up smoking to make him feel better.  (Everybody smokes in Germany) It's crazy.  We see 12 year olds just walking down the road with cigarrettes.  Cig vending machines?  Oh yeah, we got a ton.  Anyways we have been trying to really help Peter and we really have done all that we can do.  He comes to church and everything, so that is good.  I think that he just needs time and love and we have got both of those things to give :)  We have about 5 or 6 more investigators but those are our most promising ones. 

Everybody in Germany is really stern and upfront.  Which I love but sometimes it can be annoying.  They open the door, see your nametag, and slam it.  Or they just hang up so we really just have to find the right person.  Which there are people prepared!!  We give out Book of Mormons every once in a while and set up appointments, which is awesome, so there are definitely people ready to hear the Gospel.  

Language...I'm at the point now where I can understand people here in Germany for the most part and I can respond about 70% of the time with good enough German that they can understand.  So the language is coming along really well I would say.  Elder Guccione is awesome with helping me.  



This is what most of Eastern Germany looks like during the winter!!  Just a lot of fields and a small Dorf (village) every once in a while.  What we will do is just park our car at the edge and can door the whole Dorf in about 30 min, including time talking to people.  That is how a lot of our area is.  The people are awesome!!




Elder Tolman and I were in the MTC together!  This was at zone training meeting this last Wednesday.  Elder Guccione and I had the lesson about Obedience.  It went really well!  I was really glad to see a familiar face.  



So this picture is of our "white" day.  A white day is when you don't have any appointments, so you just find people all day.  Just walking up an down streets knocking on doors.  I looked like a snowman by the end of the day.  We were hoping people would let us in because it was so cold but no luck!!  We gave someone a book of Mormon but that was about it.  That was on Wednesday.  

Church is good!!  Just trying to understand everybody still but yeah!!  The ward is so amazing.  That's way cool!

Yeah its bed time here.  Just having some nighttime tea!  I'm studying about Paul!  Fun right?!  So I went shopping for a new suit today, no luck.  My legs don't fit into anything...euro style is not my getup.  Hopefully next week we will find somthing.



This is Enrico.  He is our best friend and helps us with just about every teaching appointment we have.  He takes care of all the old people in the ward that need taking care of and is just amazing.


I have to go but I love you!!  I miss you all so so much!! 
Bis dan!
Elder Hays

No comments:

Post a Comment