Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas!! I didn't think that I'd have time to write but I guess since it's a special day I will!! I Hope you all have fun opening presents in about an hour or so.  I've opened mine and I want to thank you so much for the presents!  The gloves are perfect as well as the cold weather gear.  I'm already wearing them!! They are very warm.  Well an apostle of the Lord is coming at 9:30 today!!! OMG!!! haha I'm pretty excited.  We have to wait in line for 2 hours for a decent seat but it's totally worth it.  I'm doing laundry right now so I don't have to worry about it later because today is our P-Day but we have a total schedule planned out for us with a bunch of devotionals and such.  It will be worth it.  We had a bunch of Elders bring their mattresses into our room and sleep on the floor last night.  It was a great party and a fun night in the MTC.  Last night we watched the movie "A Christmas Carol".  What a great movie!!  

I will tell you a little about Elder Gheen's and I's investigator Michael!!  He is a great guy but lost.  His wife was thrown out of another church because she was terribly sick.  He doesn't believe in God and his wife kind of does.  We went in and asked what he wanted to gain from us.  He told us that he wanted to know just more about anything so that he might be able to gain a testimony and ask things of God.  We both bore testimony of prayer and that he could actually speak with God if he had faith.  At the beginning of the meeting he was very lethargic and closed off.  At the end you could tell that he had felt the spirit of the Lord and was more lively to participate in our closing prayer.  He didn't admit to feeling it but you could tell in his manner that he had felt better.  It was amazing because I talked to him the whole time, asked him the questions I wanted to ask and gave him answers to his questions, all in German!! It was truly amazing.  I was so excited the rest of the day.  I hope you guys have a great day and I'm sure Kristin is already awake.  I love all of you guys and I hope you have a very Merry Christmas.  You can email me back if you want or just write a letter.  Whatever works for you best.  I just won't be able to email you back until my next p-day but if I have time during the week I can write anytime.  I ate the orange in my stocking immediately.  It was delicious!  Thank you so so much.  Any ways I'd better let Elder Gheen use the computer.  I love you!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment