Tuesday, December 18, 2012

First MTC email


Hallo familie,
I just want to let you know that first of I love all of you dearly and I'm doing very well!  Sorry it has taken me so long to respond.  We are only allowed to email on our P-Day which mine is every Tuesday.  I can write letters throughout the week if I get time though so if you want, Dearelder.com is awesome!  Or a hand written letter would be amazing as well every once in a while.  How is everybody?!  I'm loving it here!  Week one was very very overwhelming and difficult but my amazing district and I powered through it.  The second we got there we were put into a classroom and our teach Brüder Wright (who doesnt speak english) taught us German!! It was amazing.  I can now bear my testimony, pray and teach a discussion all in German!  We have an investigator named Stephan.  He is from Freiburg Germany and we have been teaching him since day 2.  I have taught lessons all in German!!  Its truly our Father in Heaven and our Savior Jesus Christ, blessing his missionaries.  I love it here!  After Sunday things started to pick up and get better.  We have a set schedule from now until week 8.  We are set to depart to German on Feb 12, 2013!! Im so very excited.  Well how are all of you?  I want to hear some stories!!  My companions name is Elder Gheen.  He is awesome!! Picture the Elder from The Best Two Years, the one from Texas and its him!! He is from Genola, UT.  No idea where that is.  I have some pictures for you!  There are six Elders in my disrict, and they are all awesome.  You will see them in the pictures I show you!! I have joined the choir and am performing at the Christmas devotional!!  Where a member of the 12 will be speaking!! The food isn't so bad after all.  You can create your own salad and that's what i've been doing.  Just eating healthy still!  Like always!  They have a gym also but it's just a bunch of dumbbells so I go there everyonce in a while.  I haven't gained any weight so far which is good.
Ich weiß dass das Buch Mormon ist Wahr und Joseph Smith ist Wahr.  Ich geben Zeugnis das der Sohn von Gott lebt.  Dis Evangelium Wahr ist.  Ich leibe der Gott und diene Sohn. 
Well that's my testimony in German!  I actually love praying in German too!  It's a lot of fun.  I have to tell you about the elders in our Branch.  Elder Hardy is this 6'6" 280 lb BEAST.  He is like a little teddy bear but he loves you by whipping you or squishing you to death haha but he is totally awesome.  I love it here but I can't wait to leave for Germany.  I
I want to share an experience I've had already being here.  Elder Gheen was called as the senior comp and I the junior.  At first I was very envious.  Then an overwhelming feeling of love and happiness came over me.  I instantly was humbled by the spirit of the Lord and knew that I needed to be the one learning from Elder Gheen.  I need to learn while I can and apply principles so I can be the best i can be when i get out into the field.  I just started crying in the middle of the meeting and I couldn't stop. 
I'm so grateful for the Lord and what he has done for me.  He truly sacrificed for our sins and we can never repay him.  But we have to try our best.  "Walk forward in faith, for the Lord is walking along side you." inspiration by yours truly haha. 
Well I love you all!!
I just found out I can't send pictures in the email but I will send them in the mail in a memory card?  Sound good!
Sorry I've been speaking German for non stop (literaly) so my english isn't that good. 
Erika-I love you.  No boys till I get home.
Trevor-Hope you are doing well man!  The Gospel is true!  I can testify!
Kristin-I miss that sunshine of a face :) I can't wait to see it again!
Mom-I love you so very much and there is nothing I can do to ever repay you for all you've done.
Dad-Thanks so much for the letter!!  I miss you so much and you are the exact replica of a man that I want to become someday.  You are an example to me everyday of my life and always will be.  I love you. 
I am out of time!! I wish I had a few more minutes but we have a time limit!!
I love you all and Merry christmas!!
Need:
Stamps
Jeans
Card Reader
AAA batteries
Quest bars from Good Earth!!
Thank you!!
Love, Elder Hays

No comments:

Post a Comment