Monday, November 3, 2014

Branch Organist

Guess what ??!!  I now play the organ in church on Sundays.  Awesome right?

I feel like I shouldn't write a lot...I won't have any stories to tell when I get home...

Dad had a birthday!!"!!  Shout horrah!  (Yes, I just shouted that in a public internet store.  Your welcome.)  I will write you a special email dad, just for you.

So I am here with Elder Bakly!  He is my new companion.  He is an awesome guy inside and out and loves the Lord.  We have set some good goals for the last month on my mission and now we are going for it.  He is from Montana.  I will get a picture of him today to send to you this week of us together.

The work is going well.  We taught a new guy from southern Germany who just moved here about why the Book of Mormon is important and it was a good lesson!  We used the Bible a lot and he understood it for the most part.  I think he just was too prideful and in his ways to take it all in but we are meeting with him again this next week.

I can't wait to get home and just to share with you all of my feelings right now about the gospel.  I feel like it would be all wasted if I tried to type it up!  Can I just say how much I love Elder Eyring?  and Elder Holland, Elder Uchtdorf and Pres. Monson?  Okay...I like them all but I really enjoyed listening to talks by Elder Eyring and Elder Holland this week.  I usually listen to two talks a day, one at lunch time and one at night while I'm writing in my journal (yes I write in a journal and no you can't read it...maybe.)  Elder Eyring speaks with such emotion and Elder Holland speaks with incredible passion that it just either pumps me up!  Or it makes me cry.  Both of those things happened multiple times this week so it was a good week.

We did have something terrible happen to the branch this week.  A really strong member apostatized this week after her first time going through the temple.  It was a shock for us all and I couldn't sleep well and actually felt super sick for the rest of the day.  I will explain more when I am home but 'doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith'.  There is so so so so so much I can say about this topic but I would be here for hours...All I will say is that we are fasting for her as a ward.  She has now walked back into the darkness, from whence she come years ago.  God bless her.

Have a great week! 
Elder Hays

No comments:

Post a Comment