Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Blessed

Well my dearly beloveds. I am doing super well!  I am blessed from our Heavenly Father to have the true desire to help people recognize the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  I love this work and I obviously miss you all to death but I am really caught up in what I am doing here.  I love every second.  

We have had a cold couple of days but just Jacket weather, nothing too serious.  The trees are starting to bloom and it is becoming super green.  Flowers popping out!  Love it.  

I kind of forget sometimes that mountains actually exist.  I miss them obviously but it has been a while since I have seen a hill or two.  I can't wait to meet all of these super great people in the ward!  People keep saying names and I am just out of the loop I guess...

We are teaching a lot and getting on average 3 new investigators per week.  The ward is giving us referrals.  I have a fire burning inside of me and my mind set is not on just filling my day, but it's on how can I use these 5 min to bring someone to Christ.  I still need to improve but we are going uphill.  I am really enjoying it.  My body doesn't work as fast as my mind wants so that has been tough, but I am doing well.  The ward here is great.  There are a few members that I have really gotten close too.  We get along really well.  We are invited to eating appointments about 4 times a week.  We've just got to get some baptisms for them.  We are working our butts off.  

Elder Liddiard is doing well.  We both had our first experience of doing doors here in Pinneberg this last week and it went okay.  I just wanted to show him the difference between doing doors or dooring a street and going out to find someone in faith.  Sometimes we forget that God has prepared people and we shouldn't be the ones deciding what to do and where to go but in prayer we can know where we need to go and what we need to do to find the person whom he has prepared.  

We had a miracle happen this week!  But it is not fully developed so I will just tell it all next week okay?  Okay.  Glad we're in agreement.  

We taught a good lesson to Frau S***** and she said that she would be baptized when she gets an answer so that was a good step for her to express how she feels.  Frau K**** is doing well.  She just needs to stop smoking and she can be baptized the next weekend so we are getting members to help her out.  

I have studied this week a lot about patience and why it is important in our missionary work and in life over all.  One scripture that President Kosak always quotes is from the Book of Doctrines and Covenants, Section 123 and verse 17:

 17 Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us cheerfully do allthings that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed.

It's like the story in Mosiah 24 or so where the people of Alma are persecuted for praying.  They do everything that lies in their power, and then waited in patience for the salvation of God which came in the right time.  

The story of Joseph Smith in Jail in section 121: 1-8 or so.  God will not leave us but like it says in Mosiah 23:21 The Lord tests our devotion to Him even when it's not so easy for us.  

I love you all :)

Love, Elder Hays

No comments:

Post a Comment